Lean Process Improvement
This two-day course will give you the foundation to begin implementing Lean process improvement tools in your workplace. The first day will explore the foundations of Lean through the Toyota precepts and the five critical improvement concepts (value, waste, variation, complexity, and continuous improvement). The second day will give participants tools to perform continuous improvement in their organization, including 5S, 5W-2H, PDSA, DMAIC, Kaizen, Genchi Genbutsu, and various Lean data mapping methods.
How You Will Benefit?
- Define Lean, its key terms, and the five critical improvement concepts
- Describe the Toyota Production System and the TPS house
- Use the Kano model to understand, describe, analyze, and improve value
- Identify and reduce various types of waste
- Create a plan for a more environmentally Lean organization
- Use the PDSA and R-DMAIC-S models to plan, execute, and evaluate Lean changes
- Use Lean thinking frameworks, including 5W-2H, Genchi Genbutsu and Gemba
- Prepare for and complete a basic 5-S
- Describe the key elements of Kaizen events, particularly a Kaizen blitz
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data using flow charts, Ishikawa and SIPOC diagrams, and value stream maps
- Go back to your organization with a plan to begin incorporating Lean into your corporate culture
What You Will Cover?
- The Toyota Production System House
- The Five Critical Improvement Concepts
- Understanding Value with the Kano Model
- Types of Waste
- Creating a Lean Enterprise
- The Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) Cycle
- Using the R-DMAIC-S Model
- Lean Thinking Tools
- Kaizen Events
- Data Gathering and Mapping
- A Plan to Take Home
- Understanding Lean
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
There are no reviews yet.