Core Negotiation Skills: A One Day Primer
Negotiation is a key skill that, when mastered, can enhance communications and provide better results from communication. This one-day course will teach participants the basics of negotiation, how to prepare to negotiate, ways to respond to negotiation challenges, how to create win-win solutions, and how to create sustainable agreements.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand the basic principles of negotiation
- Prepare for negotiation
- Respond to challenges
- Create win-win situations
- Develop sustainable agreements
What You Will Cover:
- Define negotiation.
- Use key success strategies. Apply different negotiation approaches.
- Establish rules that lead to effective negotiation.
- Effectively prepare the research that is required to negotiate, including your BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Set limits.
- Maintain composure when things get heated.
- Collaborate and foster cooperation.
- Remain focused.
- Keep an open mind.
- Decide what kind of relationship we wish to foster
- Use additional resources and expertise
- Keep an open mind
- Create a sustainable agreement
- Incorporate everyone’s perspective.
- Gain consensus.
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion