Conflict Resolution: Getting Along in the Workplace
All of us experience conflict. We argue with our spouses, disagree with our friends, and sometimes even quarrel with strangers at a hockey game. At times we lose sight of the fact that all this conflict is normal. So long as people are individuals there will be the potential for conflict. Since you can’t prevent conflict, the most important thing is to learn how to handle or manage it in productive ways. What is critical for resolving conflict is developing an understanding of, and a trust in, shared goals. It requires openness, discipline, and creativity. Showing respect for other people and not blaming them enables people to work for mutual benefit. These are the skills that you will develop in this two-day workshop.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand what conflict is and how it can escalate.
- Recognize the five most common conflict resolution styles and when to use them.
- Increase positive information flow through non-verbal and verbal communication skills.
- Develop effective techniques for intervention strategies.
- Strengthen staff trust and morale.
- Become more confident of your ability to manage conflicts to enhance productivity and performance.
What You Will Cover:
- The positives and negatives of conflict
- Types of conflict
- The Johari Window
- The five stages of conflict
- Your conflict resolution style
- The Communication Funnel
- Questioning and listening skills
- Seven steps to ironing things out
- Facilitation skills
- Setting norms
- Making an intervention
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion