Balanced Scorecard Basics
Over the past several decades, organizations have come to realize that success cannot only be measured in dollars and cents. Intangible assets (like a company’s reputation, the knowledge base created by their employees, and training initiatives) can make up a huge portion of a company’s wealth. It only makes sense that we need a new tool to help us measure this expanded definition of success. Enter the balanced scorecard! This tool and its related components will help you identify, document, plan, and execute a balanced strategic mission. It will also help you evaluate and revise your organization’s strategic execution.
This one-day workshop will introduce you to the basics of the balanced scorecard and help you utilize this powerful tool in your organization.
What Will Students Learn?
– Define what the balanced scorecard is and its benefits
– Describe common balanced scorecard pitfalls & how to avoid them
– Determine if the balanced scorecard is right for your organization
– Describe the key elements of the balanced scorecard process
– Identify a strategy map, tactical action plan, and balanced scorecard
– Create a vision statement for the balanced scorecard
– Understand what corporate values, mission statements, and vision statements are and how they tie into the balanced scorecard
– Understand what processes support the balanced scorecard
What Topics are Covered?
– Understanding the balanced scorecard
– The ingredients for success
– Overview of the balanced scorecard process
– Creating a project vision statement
– Understanding organizational mission, vision, and values
– Plans and processes to build
– Building balanced scorecard teams
– Instruction by an expert facilitator
– Small, interactive classes
– Specialized manual and course materials
– Personalized certificate of completion